May Favourites

by - Monday, May 30, 2016


Hello everyone! Even though I had exams all throughout this month and therefore been very busy, I've been loving quite a few beauty bits and so I decided to share them with you! 




Pictured above is the Guerlain liquid liner. Both of these were kindly gifted to me by a colleague of mine and I absolutely adore them. Their consistency is why I love them so much. They are a cross between a gel liner and a liquid liner and the applicator is so easy to work with. Thin applicators I think are the easiest even for those who are beginners with makeup. Not only is the applicator thin but it is also flexible which I find absolutely amazing to make the perfect eyeliner "flick"  or cat eye look. Another thing I adore about this eyeliner is the two colours. The black is very intense which I love, while the brown gradually gets a bit darker as it dries but still is perfect to achieve a subtle smokey eye. 
By the way these two eyeliners can be found at Franks even though the brown one is discontinued. 


The next three products I've been really enjoying this past month have to do with the complexion. The first product on the left is the 123 perfect CC cream from Bourjois. For those who don't know what a CC cream is or what it stands for, it is a "colour corrector"  and what makes the Bourjois CC cream special is that it actually contains colour pigments to even out uneven skintones and hide undereye circles, blemishes etc. It has a medium coverage so I really like this for summer (although still prefer a BB cream for the beach as it's of thinner consistency). 

The second product is actually a long lost love of mine. I found it in my drawer and I actually used to use this loose powder all over my face with a powder brush for a matte finish, which I don't really sport anymore as I prefer a radiant finish. However with "baking" now in trend I've started using it under my eyes and it works like a charm. Let me know if you would like a tutorial on baking as I (very excitedly) finally figured out how to do it myself. 

The third product is the matt bronzing powder from Catrice cosmetics. I've actually never tried anything from Catrice before this but I am very impressed. This powder is really pigmented for the price (€5!!) and I love using this as a blusher or as a subtle contour (I have the medium shade). I find that it works well as a blusher because it has an undertone of peach not brown. Love love love! 


Something I've also particularly loved this month is the Miss Dior eau de parfum. I've had the eau de toilette for a while now but I recently got given the eau de parfum which is slightly more intense. Essentially they are very similar regarding notes. Both contain mandarin/orange essence as a top note and the base note is patchouli for both too. However the heart is different with the eau de toilette having neroli and rose while the eau de parfum has jasmine. Both absolutely beautiful fragrances and you should definitely give them a whiff if you're ever around any Franks outlet. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what you think of these products if you have used them before. Thank you so much for reading! 

Love,  Laila xx 

You May Also Like

0 comments